Better Everyday is a 5 part miniseries from Stipes Radio. Our goal with this show is help folks who may be unaware of mental health resources be more aware and hopefully provide some insights and maybe a little faith for those looking to get started. This isn’t a cohesive guide, but it’s a start.
Chapter four of Better Everyday: This episode is an all access look at therapy. We go deep.
MAJOR CONTENT WARNING: Severe mental illness, references to self-harm, suicide, institutionalization, and ableist stigma. Chosa gives some tough love and Shel has a nuanced take on Self-DX.
Types of Therapy Mentioned:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: https://psychcentral.com/lib/in-depth-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy: https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/types/dialectical-behavioral-therapy
- Counseling (Specialized short-term help you encounter through organizations such as colleges, women’s shelters, and hotlines.)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR): https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/emdr-what-is-it
- Talk therapy
- Group therapy
- 4 Ways To Solve Any Problem from DBT: http://bayareadbtcc.com/dbt-problem-solving-options/
Disclaimer: We are speaking from our own experiences. We’ve both been through rough shit and sure, we don’t know your life or what you’ve been through, but we’re speaking from experiences of not exactly having had it easy ourselves. Your shit might be different but hopefully what we’ve learned from our experiences can apply to what you’re going through, or at least some of it will, and maybe you need to modify it to better fit your circumstances. That’s fine. You know you. Our goal above all else is just to convince you to try to make small efforts to improve your situation, whatever it may be, and to show from different angles how you might go about doing that, or how it might be possible.