This week on Pentagonal, we follow up on a bunch of topics from previous episodes. Also we talk about a store where private information can get you real things and we make fun of the Pixelbook.
- Equifax Update
- Chief Technology Officer and Chief Security Officer “retired”
- Arbitration clause was unintentional and is removed, won’t apply to anyone who agreed while it was still there.
- Freeze PINs are now randomized.
- Fees for freezing credit has been waived and will be retroactively refunded since the incident’s announcement.
- Equifax Has Been Sending Consumers to a Fake Phishing Site for Almost Two Weeks
- Google Rehab AD Scam Update
- Ads have been pulled after The Verge so excellently shamed them publicly.
- The great equalizer: Google customer service sucks for everyone: “Our Google reps did say the decision came from the higher ups, and that’s literally all they’ve said,” Fischer told me. “When you’re paying millions of dollars a year, you’d want slightly better customer service.”